Arthritis cannot be cured—it must be MANAGED. The best way to break the cycle of pain, weight gain, and muscle loss is to manage the disease using a variety of therapies and modalities. All of the therapies and modalities work synergistically (like a rowing team).
Our certified canine rehabilitation practitioners (CCRPs) at the Animal Rehabilitation Center of Michigan will develop a therapy plan that fits your pet’s individual needs. Together with your veterinarian, we will create a multi-modal program to ensure that your pet’s arthritis is optimally managed and his/her quality of life is restored to the fullest extent possible.
Approaches to Multi-Modal Pain Management:
- Pain control
- Weight control and nutrition management
- Hydrotherapy (i.e., walking in our underwater treadmill)
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
- Heat Therapy and Cryotherapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Environmental modification (i.e., eliminating slippery surfaces, adding padded bedding, clipping nails and hair on footpads, adding doggy steps, raised dishes, etc.)
Together we can create a plan that will maximize your dog’s quality of life.